In His Own Words
Columbia-born Javier Acuna has been with DBS since he opened his first restaurant, Santa Fe, in Wilmington in 2007. The Hakuna Hospitality Group and steadily expanded ever since. The restaurant group now includes Sante Fe Mexican Grill in Newark, Del Pez in the Wilmington Riverfront, La Taqueria and Savanah Salad Bowls and Sandwiches at the Riverfront Market, Pachamama Peruvian Rotisserie and Mi Ranchito Mexican Grocery on North Chapel Street in Newark.
The cuisine at Acuna’s restaurant is authentic, creative and genuine. The ingredients and influences from Argentina, Ecuador, Cuba and Argentina. In November 2018, Javier was recognized by the Delaware Restaurant Association, Governor John Carney and Delaware State Senator Chris Coons for his many contributions and hiring practices in the state of Delaware.
We sat down with Javier at his newest location, Savannah Salad Bowls at the Riverfront Market and discussed how the DBS installed and support point of sale systems have helped his businesses grow.
What was it like before you had our product or service?
– I really don’t understand how we ran a business before without having well informed and up to date information we could rely on. It was very inefficient and expensive.
What made our product or service stand out from other options?
– Since day one I felt the customer service is reliable. The last thing you want on a Friday night is having to call someone in California who has no idea how your business works and can’t really help you long distance.
What have you been able to achieve since using our product or service?
– I believe as an owner the one thing you must do for your team members, besides the vision and culture of the company, is to provide them with all the tools necessary that will allow them to do a great job. Technology does that for you. We have been able to be more efficient by having a better understanding of our numbers. We believe as a company that you can’t improve what you can’t measure.
What has exceeded your expectations since working with us?
– Again, the personal touch of everyone that works at DBS. Sometimes during the opening of new locations, new employees struggle with simple easy-to-fix problems. DBS has always reached out to help without judging or nickeling and dimming our business. I feel they see everything they do as an investment, a long time partnership and we respect that.
Where did you start your search?
– Word of mouth. DBS was recommended by almost any reliable source.
What features sold you on buying this product or service?
– I think the pricing is in tune with the variety of products they offer. Again, people don’t think about how important technical support is. For POS purchases the product is as important as the training and the support you get after you send the check. In this competitive market, people offer the earth and heaven just to get a check. DBS is not like that. I feel that they stand by their product and want to make sure you get the best match for your business. To me, creating a partnership with your suppliers is crucial for your growth.
What made you happiest about working with our company?
– I feel that more than customers, we are partners. They really want you to be successful and look after you. They have a company culture that is in tune with ours.
What’s the main reason you recommend our product or service?
– If I had to choose one I would say the customer service. They go above and beyond, from customizing a quote for you to sending a technician to ensure things are smooth. It is really remarkable.